Apart from the tenders of Deutsche Bahn, the joint venture consisting of Rhomberg Sersa Deutschland GmbH and WOLFF & MÜLLER Tief- und Straßenbau GmbH & Co. KG was awarded the contract for a public transport construction project in Leipzig in April 2020.
- Location: Leipzig, Rosa-Luxemburg-Street
- Client: Leipziger Verkehrsbetriebe Construction
- Time: May - December 2020 Construction
- Length: 750 m of double track and 120 m of single track
- Construction: grooved rail tracks in RHEDA-City-D construction
The renovated Rosa-Luxemburg-Strasse in Leipzig is open to traffic again after 7 months of construction. The desolate central connection between the main train station and Leipzig's east was in urgent need of repair, and the basic expansion of the road and tracks did not allow any further delay.
The project was successfully completed in cooperation with Rhomberg Sersa Deutschland, WOLFF & MÜLLER Tief- und Straßenbau GmbH & Co. KG, Leipziger Verkehrsbetriebe and Leipziger Wasserwerke.
The route is now greener, safer and barrier-free.